Monday, December 31, 2012

Go back to work, already.

Everything I write here today is apparently going to start out as a text to Tracy.

Last night I had a fruit and vegetable panic attack.

(Tracy's thinking: She didn't send me that...)

I got home after my 10 hour drive and ate a handful of Goldfish and took a nap.  Then I woke up and felt an overwhelming need for a cutie.  Of course, I ate at least one a day at Dad's so I must be going through withdrawal.  I NEEDED fruit and I had nothing.  Not even canned fruit, because I brought those to work for such emergencies.  I had nothing but frozen vegetables and I was not about to eat four cups of green beans. Maybe some bell peppers or cucumber slices, but not four cups of hot green beans.  I almost drove back to the store.  Instead I tried to wrestle down the feeling and unpack.  I decided I would eat my canned fruit and go get a salad at lunch.

(Now Tracy is saying: Ahh.)

Here, I'll quote myself:

Holy shit, baja salad from wendy's! Yes, i think i will have some guacamole and little dorito-like strips. Even so, i only got half. Who could eat a whole?

I apologize for my lack of capitalization, I was typing one-handed so I could continue wolfing down my salad.

(I feel like I'm making an Amy Facebook post right now.)

All I know is, yum.  And I would happily order that again.  In fact, it may be difficult to wait.  Guacamole and tiny tortilla chips may not be ideal, but I used less than half of the chips.  I ate all the guacamole.  It's better than a burger.  And I got my veggie craving sated- at least for now.  Tomorrow I will be able to stock up again on all my bell peppers, cucumbers, and grape tomatoes.  And tonight I was going to have a big salad with my moderate indulgence of two slices of pizza (donating the rest to Jody), but today is the last day of Subway's $2 subs, so I may do that instead.  What a deal!  Is it 2013 yet?  I'm starting to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment