Wednesday, April 17, 2013

And it's Wednesday.


The weather has been suddenly cold and snowy, so I am not walking at work.  I am trying to get up often instead and at least walk up and down the stairs.  There are many things I want to do at home and I think about them while I am at work.  When I am at home, I get distracted by my puzzle.  Hey- I just spent 8 hours tied to a chair, why don’t I sit in a chair for a couple hours?  I can’t help it- especially when I have a really good puzzle going that has steady progress like this New York City map puzzle.  I cannot stay away.  But tonight is Zumba.  I need to come home and walk Riley and let Mini chase the cat lure because I am going to have to turn around and leave them again.  Then come back home, vacuum, do laundry, prepare for tomorrow… sigh.  I hate being gone so much.  I know I am lucky to have a good job.  I have enough to pay my bills and even some that don’t belong to me.  I hold out hope that he will truly stand on his own- as he said he wanted to do- and not rely on his ex-girlfriend’s help.  That crap has not been easy or helpful, but I have managed it anyway.  Go me.  (But please, goddammit, pay for your frigging board.)
Yesterday evening, Riley came and sat by my chair, asking to go out again.  It seemed urgent… and it was.  Ears were up, eyes were desperate.  Outside, she immediately found a spot to poop and this boy came running over.  Well, at least he asked first.
“Can I pet your dog?” as he was launching towards her.  She’s hunched there, trying hard to poop, making awful noises, and he wants to come pet her.  Not right now, sorry.  She’s not feeling well.
“Oh, she’s cold,” he said.
(What?)
Then he popped his head up with a horrified expression.
“It smells like poop over here!”
“That’s because there’s poop over here,” I explained.
And yes, this kid has a dog.

But Jennyway, every time Mini navigates her way to the food bowl using the cat shelves, I get so unbelievably happy I just can’t stand it.  I’m going to get her a harness tomorrow and try to walk her outside.  I swear (after swearing for six months) that I’m going to do this.
Things are good.  I’m doing okay.  There are good changes happening and more on the horizon.  And Tracy’s coming to visit.  :D

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyy! And I want to see the cat shelves in use!
    Oh, and commenting on these blogs is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

    ReplyDelete