Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown Dog

Came home to find that Leroy was out again. He's a very cute and shaggy little boy that lives nearby and loves to escape. I grabbed my extra leash out of the car (that's right) and followed him home, juggling groceries along the way. His mom was not home, so I tried to read the phone number through all his hair. It was difficult because Leroy fell right over and asked me to pet his belly. I called and told his mom I had him, and she started yelling at her mom.

"Did you let Leroy out?"

"He got out," I heard in the background.

"Why didn't you go get him?"

Indecipherable defensive noises.

"Dammit, Mom, you can't just leave him out there!"

Meanwhile I just wait. She comes back on and says she's out but will come right back- could I maybe put him inside the patio wall?

"It's pretty hot out here," I said. "You've got my number, I'll just take him home and get him some water."  She thanked me.

At home, Riley was ecstatic. Leroy was panting and flopping down on the linoleum, so I asked Riley to wait a little before we went back outside. He drank water, smelled Riley, smelled the apartment, and cautiously smelled Solo until the excitement wore off, and then his mom called. She was grateful, he was relieved, and I stored Leroy's contact numbers in my phone. This was not the first or the second time I've brought him home. Seeing as how he's not fixed, I doubt this will be the last time I catch him running free in my neighborhood. At least he's friendly and easy to catch.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment