Monday, June 24, 2013

Battery low, just pick a title

I just spent AN HOUR on the phone with AT&T. What's more impressive: that, or the fact that I did not spend that time bitching and flinging expletives?

Remember the cable that I finally got suspended at no charge until the contract is up in August? I got a sudden bill with a threat to cut off my service. (Are you paying attention, AT&T?) Turns out, the bills were being emailed to Chris, who probably never even noticed them.

The suspension does cost, but not much, and they're waiving the fees. Suspensions are usually reserved for things like deployments and natural disasters. I told the woman why I had suspended service, and she said that definitely qualified as a disaster. :D

She was fair in her resolution and worked through all the kinks she encountered, unraveling the mess and setting it straight. She single-handedly restored my faith in AT&T.

Now it's time to curl up with the animals on this gloomy evening and watch In the Company of Men, which I somehow got the idea was some heroic WWII movie, but is actually about some guys in a corporate environment who devise ways to get back at the women they think have done them wrong. The MPAA label warns of "emotional abuse." Tracy says I should not even watch it. If it's really awful, I'll put on some Roseanne, as she suggested. I was watching an episode the other night where Dan was making his world famous chili. They're in the middle of this scene in the kitchen when suddenly Dan looks straight at the camera over his chili and starts doing a Julia Child cooking show impression. Winner, Best Show Ever in the category of laughing so loud you scare the neighbors.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment