Monday, July 22, 2013

Movie and Hair Blog

Um, why did Entertainment Weekly AND the Blockbuster guy tell me The Call was a decent movie? Actually, Blockbuster guy said that's what people had said so far, so that's not actually an endorsement. It may actually be the silliest movie I have ever seen, because I can't remember a sillier one at the moment. I started watching a featurette called Emergency Procedures, thinking they would show us what being a 911 dispatcher is really like without movie nonsense, but instead it was the making of a silly nonsense movie with everybody fawning all over each other.

"You're so dedicated."
"No, you're so dedicated."

Uh, no.

Hey, I forgot to tell you that I got a $5 haircut at the beauty school on Friday. They are open 'til 9, whaaaa? It's hit or miss, depending on the student you get, but I got the best one ever: a newbie. She still kept her scissors in the plastic! What could possibly be good about a newbie cutting your hair, you ask? Constant supervision, that's what. She did the consult with me and then went right to her teacher, who came over and got her started. My newbie was very timid and cutting with deep concentration. She went back for her teacher, who showed her again. This time, I got it. The teacher left and I could immediately see where my newbie was going wrong. I kept my mouth shut. She wasn't doing any damage because she was cutting so little. Finally, the teacher came back and just took over. Her scissors zipped through my hair, finding the right part that had eluded me, and knowing where to start my bangs. My hair fell quickly and lighter than it did before, in lovely face-framing layers- exactly what I came in for. My whole head said "Ahhh." A few students gathered to watch as the teacher demonstrated the texturing techniques. Maybe I should start asking for the newbies.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment