Monday, August 26, 2013

More

No, not more earthquakes.

Just thoughts.

I took Riley out and was talking to a neighbor.  "You're so mellow," she said during our conversation.  Really?  When did that happen?  I've heard that I seem happier and more relaxed.  There's a benefit, huh?  I am not actually a constantly stressed, nagging bitch who makes everyone miserable, but that's who I felt like before.  I had a feeling that I wasn't crazy or asking for too much.  Hey look, I'm (can be) a pleasant person to be around!

I found a cute little notebook at Target that I can fit in my kit.  I was looking through the greeting cards and laughed at a good one.  The laugh caught me off guard and I snorted in front of some guy in the aisle.  He left, but came back once I was done.  Was it really that bad?  Where else can you snort if not the greeting card aisle?  That made me giggle even more.

Painting is almost done on the outside of our buildings.  They warned us not to park close to the buildings in case of overspray, but it looked like they were on to brushes and touch ups.  I asked the guy coming down the ladder if I needed to move my car.

"Espanol?" he asked.

I tried to think if I knew the word for car.

"Carro?" he asked.

Now, that sounds made up.  We resolved the question with gestures.  When I came by again, I had looked up the word on my phone.

"Coche!" I said.

"No," he replied.

"No?"

"Carro."

I did a little more research and I think I referred to a train car.  It is carro.  Duly noted.  As I walked around, I tried to remember 7th grade Spanish: Lunes, Martes, Miercoles... uhhhh....

So the first class I take will be math.  Second is Spanish.

Thanks to those wet floor signs, I was able to express myself exactly when I saw that his ladder was balanced on a pile of rocks.

"Cuidado!" I cried, alarmed, pointing to the base of the ladder.

"Si," he replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment