Friday, February 25, 2011

Deaf Basketball

I'm so pissed.  I would love to go to this, spelling mistakes aside.


Basketball Fans if you’re looking for a little more March Madness, Disability advocates, officianodos, and interested persons please pass the word on this to any and all. 

UNR is hosting the Northwest Association for the Deaf Basketball Tournament, March 4 and 5.  Here’s a link to the flyerhttp://www.unr.edu/drc/documents/NWADB2011flyer.pdf

Should be a lot of fun, and teams are coming from Seattle, Idaho, Utah, and Fremont, CA  just to name a few.  Tournament Time is  8 AM to 10PM both days.  There is a $5.00 student discount for any student (with id).  This is a great opportunity for sign language students, the deaf community and above all-anyone who loves basketball.   

FANS & FRIENDS: Combo ticket: $30.00 until Feb 14th
No combo ticket sales after Feb 14th
Tickets at the Door: March 4th: $15.00 March 5th: $20.00

Am I being silly to be pissed that it's $15 a person- if we go on the cheaper day?  I like watching basketball in person and I would love to see Deaf communication on the court.  And no, I would not be able to understand enough to know what was going on.  But I would love to go and support Deaf anything.  I'm just really annoyed that it's so much.  And what a long day, sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment