Monday, April 11, 2011

Damn you, diet fairy!

I am at the student union.  I just waited in the long-ass line at Port of Subs because I decided that I wanted to savor avocado today.  There was this poster on the wall showing the different sizes of subs *not actual size.  They are all smaller on the poster so that you'll say, "Hey, I am WAY hungrier than that."  By the time I got to order their poster had convinced me and I ordered a medium.

Maybe twenty seconds later I can move up and look at my sandwich through the glass.  Hmm.  That looks like an awfully small medium.  Maybe I'm just measurement challenged.

"And what would you like on your small number four?"

Ah, damn.  Okay, well now I can get a Pack Meal: chips, soda, and a cookie.  I tell the kind sir at the register and start digging through the cookies.

"Do you have..." I start to ask.

"No chocolate chip today," he says.  "All we have are raisin and white chocolate macadamia."

Foiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment