Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lost

Yesterday I went to my proposal writing class and waited outside for the other class to finish and leave.  As I stood in the hallway this girl came up, opened the door, and looked in.  I wondered what she was doing because she is not in my class.  When the class left, I went in and sat down.  My classmates wandered in and a few minutes after that, this girl came in and sat down.  This was the point where I knew she was in the wrong place and wondered when she would figure that out.  Yes, I could have said something, but I didn't.  Maybe she was a special guest.  Maybe she wanted to know what the class was like.  Unlikely, but whatever.

This girl sat in class looking around at my classmates.  I watched and waited for her to realize that these were not her classmates.  She looked at everyone for a long time, but never got up.  Instead, she pulled out her unrelated textbook and started flipping through it.  Our teacher came in, started class, and looked directly at this girl for a moment.  Being a nice person, she did not ask what this girl was doing and just went about teaching.  After several minutes (!) of the class being underway, the girl finally gathered her things and left the room.

I could certainly understand this boo boo on the first day or even the first week or even a little longer than that, but we have under five weeks of classes left- out of 16 total.  I wonder what was going on in her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment