Monday, May 2, 2011

OMfrickinfrackinG

Get an email from Veterans Services guru, wants to know when I am on campus because issues abound.  I email back, offer to show up immediately or any day this week.

Do not wait for reply, go directly to Veterans Services, send the following email to guru:
"I am sitting outside your office."

Guru comes to collect me, wrangles a plan to leave me enough credits to make it to the fall semester.  (Translation: Guru is trying to ensure I am paid to go to school in the fall.  If credit limit is reached in summer nothing is left for fall.)

Veterans Services Plan: Drop two summer classes in order to sneak into fall semester with two credits short of VA limit.

Step 1: Run to Financial Aid and retrieve full time aid request so as not to repeat last year's fiasco.
Step 2: Run to Cashier's Office to pick up Direct Deposit form. (How have I not done this yet?)
Step 3: Explain to cashier what happened to hand, commiserate.
Step 4: Run to Art History class
Step 5: Blog
Step 6: Zone out during lecture, change registration online to reflect dropped classes.
Step 7: Email Veterans Services guru, announce said classes have been dropped.
Step 8: Email College of Liberal Arts advisor, ask for yet another appointment to ensure requirements are still being met with new changes.
Step 9: Email family, remind them that I did not, in fact, paint graduation year on Christmas ornaments yet.
Step 10: Look up, wonder how an hour passed, try to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment