Monday, February 11, 2013

The right accessories make all the difference.

I'm halfway through writing a blog about my visit with Ant, but that's at work, where I can type. In the meantime, I can't help but document some things that are making me joyously happy.

Seeing Solo climb all over her cat shelves. I have cat shelves! I have wanted them for so long and never thought I'd have them, and all because my friend knew how and made it happen. Thank you so much, Jenea!

I have a new hat that makes me happy. I got it at Claire's on clearance for $2 and it's cute. It makes me feel jaunty, and I'm not sure if I've ever said that before. I feel cuter in it, and I'm starting to see why cute is so important. It feels nice.

I went on yet another search for a notary, got shot down at one UPS store, but directed to another. There was a woman also looking for a notary, and she beat me to the other store. When I walked in, she gave me the thumbs up and said, "We're good!" I made happy noises at a little dog who was picking up the mail with her owner and then we're all talking dogs and showing each other pictures. I signed as a witness on the other woman's document, and everybody was chatting. Me too. Me in my jaunty hat.

Then I stopped by Winco for milk and produce, and on my way out by the pizza shop was a little white board offering the day's specials. Something about pizza's. I paused and simply wiped off the apostrophe. Ahh, much better. Time to jauntily breeze out to my car, laugh at my parking job, and drive home.

My home. My nice, vacuumed carpet. My neatly organized bookshelf. My lovely, comfy couch. My chewed up plant. (Dammit, kitty!) My Frasier episode. My book. My reheated chili. My shovel spoons. My humming refrigerator and no other noise.

Time to chop some veggies, take a bath, and listen to Book Radio. Projects are getting done in preparation for change. I've got my hat ready.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment