Saturday, March 16, 2013

I gotta say it was a good day

Well, I made it to Kohl's, but not the gym, the laundromat, or the laundromutt. Of course I made it to Kohl's. Got some more delightful underwear on clearance. Now I can throw out the ones that don't fit well- isn't that a relief.

Then I headed to Walmart for that Easter chocolate squares Ghiradelli was advertising, an eyeglass repair kit, and some random grocery items. I can hear the screws loosening on my glasses sometimes and get very worried that I won't have anything to fix them with. Of course, when I need it, I probably won't remember where I put it.

The Ghiradelli squares help me manage my dark chocolate intake. They are individually wrapped and about 6 grams of carbs apiece, so I can throw one into my lunch and not feel tempted to overdo it. I'm going to have to go to something else soon, because I am bored with their flavors. I want just dark chocolate with sea salt, but they don't make that one... yet. And Lindt sucks. So I went to get this new mysterious one out of Easter. Ugh. It's milk chocolate with a white chocolate bunny on it. Gross.

Jennyway, I met Jenea at the Sparks Marina to walk her baby and my dog. It was beautiful out today and while a bit windy, the temperature was nice. I had not been to the Marina before. There's a wide path around the water that Jenea said is two miles. People fish there, and there's a park and a place to stop and eat, and a dog park. We walked the loop and stopped for lunch. It was a nice time, but Riley and I came home and crashed... for two and a half hours. I suppose I am not quite back up to speed.

Tonight I think I'll eat my baked potato, maybe start a puzzle and watch a movie. At Walmart, I bought one potato, one avocado, a bag of salad, and a small block of cheddar. "You must not be very hungry," said the checkout lady. "This isn't your grocery shopping for the week, is it?" Ha ha ha.

I did buy the eyeglass kit when I finally figured out that they were hiding in the Vision Center. I almost bought an adorable Denver Broncos t-shirt that looked very comfortable and flattering, but I did not, as I would inevitably have some male ask me if I liked the team and have to confess that I just liked the colors. But if it's flattering enough, who cares, right? And confession: I wore mascara today. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment