Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not taking the bait

I am pretty sure I do not deserve this behavior.  I have the ability to quickly make his life hell but I don't- not for him, but because that is not who I want to be.  He either thinks I have no power or thinks that I won't use it, but that is not true.  My kindness will continue until I feel that all kind avenues have been exhausted and I am not being treated kindly in return.

I know two things: First, you create your own karma.  Second, these moments serve to remind me that this is how maddening it was most of the time, and thankfully I don't have to feel that way very often anymore.  You were right, Chris.  We did not belong together, even though there was and always will be a tremendous amount of love.  But we agreed to be kind, and this is not kind.  Find your kindness- if not for my sake, then for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment