Sunday, October 13, 2013

Well, that was a much needed boost.

I was feeling like an unproductive slug, but then I realized that I do have creative projects in the works.  One is going to take more work and editing, but I am proud of myself because I have been coming back to it, as opposed to just starting it and then procrastinating.  This is a challenge I have given myself that I really want to meet, and I'm doing it.  That feels so good.  Half of what I've done is workable.  That's a lot more than I thought I would get.  I am thrilled.

I know I'm being vague, but that's how I want it for now.

My other vague project just got a light bulb moment.  I just now figured out which component I was missing.  I still have to play with it to find out how it all goes together, but now I'm really excited about it.  It's a small, silly thing that is going to make me feel so happy to do.  It's already making me happy.

And here I am thinking that I'm a slug because my floors are not freshly vacuumed.  I forgot about these things, or perhaps they did not register as something that goes on the to do list.  I would rather do these things than chores, even though I do love a clean house.  These are more important- the lasting things- the things that make an impression.  They are my dent in the world.  My counselor poked at me about this months ago, asking me to imagine my funeral:

"That Jenny, she sure had a clean apartment!"

So hell yeah for productivity on creative projects!  I am also taking another crochet class this week, I have a deadline for an updated resume, I'm taking free Spanish lessons on Duolingo, and tomorrow is baking day.  I've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment