Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whew.

Well, my little girl is actually a tough old bird.

At the vet appointment, the vet assistant and I were trying to find the lump and were unsuccessful. I thought it was similar to what happens when you take your car in. I brought my dog to the dog mechanic, and suddenly the problem disappears. The vet couldn't find the lump either, and that shit was THERE for YEARS. She thinks it was a cyst that ruptured. She says that would explain both the temporary pain and disappearance. I asked if it was possibly a strain, but she said she would most likely be able to feel inflammation there.

Added bonus- they gave me a much better quote for her teeth cleaning, they were very kind and personable, and explained the whole process. I felt very comfortable, and Riley actually stopped leaning on me several times. In her defense, though, I think if I was brought to a scary place and made to stand on a table, I'd want someone to hold my hand too. They invited me to bring her by when she doesn't have an appointment- just to weigh her, get some love, say hi, and get used to coming to the vet without it always being a negative experience. I love that.

When Tracy and I were pedaling Google bikes around the Google complex, we made a few loops and had a decision to make: keep going or stop while it was still fun. I was so glad she agreed that we should keep riding until it wasn't fun anymore. I'm feeling that way now about the call center, not that this is nearly as fun as Google bikes. It's more that things are always so much better in the beginning, before you know how good you have it. Like being at my first base versus the rest of them. Or even how fun it was at first at Edwards. Good people move on, and... well, I think we have it right there, don't we? Well, I think I have exhausted all fun here, and I KNOW it's done, so I won't miss it much. I have been here long enough to get jaded, for good people to leave, for changes to happen that... well. Jennyway. I am ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment