Thursday, March 17, 2011

I am a Powerhouse of Productivity

Today I got two giant tasks off my Perpetual Big Projects To Do List.  This morning I applied for Chapter 33, the Post-9/11 GI Bill.  My Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill ran out this semester but the VA won't leave you high and dry mid-semester so I'm good until summer.  I'm eligible for Chapter 33 because I was medically discharged over thirty days past 9/11.  I applied online this morning.  I had to call the 800 number four times and fax my discharge paper in separately but it is all done.  These big projects loom forever and cause much anxiety but when I'm ready I just burn through it.  I can't do baby steps, it seems.

Part Two of Productivity Day was collecting my old blogs off MySpace.  They used to have a function where you could search the archive by date but now you just have to start with the recent ones and hit "Older Posts" about 400 times.  It always freezes at some point and you have to start over but today I made it all the way back to when Ant came out here.  Whew!  I got some from before that, but Ant's arrival was my main objective.  I wanted to have my stepmonster transformation documented.  The stuff before that seems to largely be movie blogs and silliness- I may not go crazy trying to reclaim those.  What I do want to do is collect these blogs into a book.  I was cracking myself up rereading snippets that I had totally forgotten about.

So right now all the blogs are saved to the computer at work- I didn't have time to send them to my e-mail.  I thought I could work on them this weekend but I'm happy enough to have them saved.  It took forever and reformatting them will take a while too, but the good news is that the blogs are not lost in space.  I can't believe that I have been blogging for four or five years now.  Sheesh.  As the scroll button shrank and shrank, my coworker said,

"I'll bet you wish you hadn't written so much, huh?"

Not at all, my friend.  Not at all.

1 comment: