Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Less cranky now.

I've been sitting in the Pickle Parlor reading both a school book and a non-school book.  I'm in a better mood.  My nighttime shot alarm just went off and Chris, as he's been doing for the last several nights, said simply:

"Shot."

:D

Ant told Christian at dinner,

"Dude, as soon as we're finished?  I'll walk you home and take the dogs out."

I didn't get to say anything!  I was putting food away when Ant brought in his dishes.

"Leave those alone, I'll do them when I get back," he ordered.

Okay!

He told me the other day that he understood why I am always cleaning the kitchen recently.  He said it's because I'm on my break and I have time.  I wanted to be defensive as if he was saying it was my job or something but I reined it in.  I tried to see that he was acknowledging that I help out voluntarily but that my schedule is normally crazy enough that I need his help.  He didn't say all that but I felt like he understood so I tried not to beat a dead horse like I love to do.  We talked about the schedule and I gave him kudos for putting that picture together.  I think it made it easier for him to do the chore he hates the most because he sees that he's needed and that it's not just some creative way to punish him.

I told Chris that I have really been enjoying the time we've spent together this week.  He said he's really enjoyed it too.  And I confessed: the lasagna was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment