Sunday, May 5, 2013

Target shoppers

It's raining today. As I left on my errands, I walked under the carports to avoid getting rained on. The bigger cars stuck out more and I still tried to skirt them, aligning myself directly underneath the rain running off the carport's edge. Water splattered all over my head, my glasses, my face. I got more wet than if I had just walked in the rain.

"Well, that was a good plan," I congratulated myself. "Well executed."

Now I'm at Target munching on popcorn and getting butter all over my phone. I came here to buy a Godiva bar- the only good kind that has only dark chocolate and sea salt. Lindt sucks and Ghiradelli seems to think I also need almond bits or worse- caramel. Oh, it's good, but as we all know, I don't need caramel. And I find the almond bits distracting. I'd rather just eat almonds (as I do- that's my morning snack). The chocolate is my 5 gram treat that I eat with my lunch: my one daily goodie eaten with protein, fully endorsed by my dietitian.

So I get here to find that they are pretty seriously on sale and walk up to the counter with four. These will last me for two months (or until Tracy comes to visit), but I can see that everyone's eyeing my purchase with silent judgment. Shut up. You don't see me judging your $450 purchase of pool toys, do you?

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment