Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday is good so far

I met a friend from the apprentice class this morning at her house and we walked to, then around Rancho San Rafael Park. It was a long walk, and very pretty through the marsh. I had never been on the path around the park. My friend's got a little boy Scottie dog- he and Riley got along fine. We talked a lot about things we wanted to learn and do, and when I listed crochet, she said she could teach me. When we got back to her house, she did. I crocheted today. We finished a dish towel project she'd been working on. I have hooks, I have yarn, I have a book, but I knew I would need to see it in person before I could figure out the diagrams. Now perhaps I can start my own project!

I stopped on the way home to eat and then took Riley to the vet. It's been two weeks, time to weigh her again and hope my efforts are working. On May 30th, she was 24.5. Today... 20.2! Yes! Now, that's a lot, I know, but that should be the most drastic change. I promise you that she is neither starving nor suffering. From here on out we'll be whittling it down. I am so proud! I needed some good news.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment