Friday, November 30, 2012

A Big Happy Sigh of Relief

Went to the Bighorns game. Had a great time- the only downfall was learning that I am inheriting Mom's inability to smile with her eyes open. We drank beer and ate sports arena food, talked, laughed loudly, watched a really close game, cheered and booed, and took home free hats. We lost, but not by much. It got really close towards the end, which is always fun.

Out of the two of us, I was the resident basketball expert- which has never happened EVER. I told Jenea my idea about a show. All I had so far was Elaine's Mike doing movie reviews, which would mainly consist of a rough idea of the plot (minus the parts where he fell asleep), but without any names or relevant details. Now I have a new segment: Jenea with sports.

"That blue guy just fucked up- I saw that!"

"The white guy just touched the blue guy's ass."

And after the game:

"We ALMOST won! Why do I care so much?"

Jenea was not excited about this invitation, but said she'd give it a shot because she'd never been. She had fun and said she'd do it again. :D

As for me, I am very happy. I had fun and found something I'd feel comfortable going to on my own. And did you know that Jeremy Lin came up from the Bighorns? I didn't.  So maybe I was right in the first place- this was a good day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment