Thursday, November 29, 2012

My spirit animal is a female donkey.

I have become a fan of Groupon.  So far, I have bought a half-priced massage, a radio-controlled helicopter, and what the hell else did I buy?  Good grief, my brain is shot today.  Something neat and half-priced.

Recently I updated my preferences and they send me Groupon offers all day.  There are all kinds of getaways that I can't afford, but almost could, and I'll be looking more closely at those soon.  It's all seriously discounted stuff to draw people in to your business or B&B or just to buy your awesome products.

Today there was a tempting offer of a sterling silver necklace- normally $130 but on sale through Groupon for $9!!!  Ooh, that caught my eye.  Now, obviously this thing is overpriced to start with (Who's selling this thing, Silpada?), but the necklace was pretty and I thought I might want it.  But how can they justify $130, even if that's their fake price? Here's the description of the necklace:

Crystal Fireball Necklace

Adorn necks with striking sterling-silver necklaces. Elegantly cut crystals dangle from each Italian-made chain, shining brightly and storing the essences of approximately 15 spirit animals apiece.


Ahhh.  How'd they get those in there?  I like how they say "approximately," like they know they're in there, just not sure exactly how many.  Gives it an air of authenticity, don't you think?  Yeah... I think I'll pass.  I'll go buy some $9 jewelry at Kohl's with a coupon and extra sales pass.  Not sure they'll contain spirit animal essences though...

No comments:

Post a Comment