Friday, January 11, 2013

Hope it's not freezing out there.



I go into the kitchen to nuke water for my tea and the inside of the microwave is already steamy.  I nuke my water, then someone walks in as I am carefully leaving the microwave door ajar.  I haven’t even walked through the door before they pointedly close the microwave.  If the door was hanging open or if he hadn’t seen me carefully leaving it barely ajar, I could understand that, but really, asshole?  Couldn’t even wait until I left the room?  This is one of those people who acts important and all-knowing.  I should have turned around, reopened it, and explained how office microwaves start to smell funky.  Turd.
I took Riley to PetSmart last night to sign her up for dog training classes.  I am very excited that I actually went and did that since it was on my list of things to do for this new year and- oh look!  I already signed up.  Go me.  I signed her up and then we wandered around the store.  Either I lost her sweater or she hid it from me and I was tired of feeling like a guilty dog mom taking her out in 11 degrees without one while I’m all bundled up.  The sweaters were 40% off and the dog food bags were fascinating.  We went up both sides of the dog food aisle and she sniffed every bag of food.  She found a couple pieces of kibble under the shelves.  When we came to her food, she looked up at me, like “Hey, I KNOW this one!”
Yesterday was the first class of the Apprentice Program.  Looks awesome.  I have homework again!  There are lots of opportunities and it’s all very overwhelming, but I think I’ll get signed up for whatever I can before I have a chance to freak out about it.  Two exciting things I learned yesterday:
1)      They did not accept everyone who applied.  How cool that I got in legitimately and not because of extra space?
2)      The instructor brought bagels and I happily found a plain one.  There was no butter, so I finally tried cream cheese.  Oh my god!  That’s so good!  I stole another one at the end of the class to take home with me.  Mmmmm.
I brought all my crap to work with me today thinking that I would be able to go through it and sort things out.  Instead, the phone is ringing off the hook.  I am going to go take a walk before my break ends and I find that I have been sitting in front of the computer the whole time and suddenly I have to sit in front of it some more and answer more phone calls.  ESCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment