Monday, January 7, 2013

Not funny at all

I am about to get myself a big dog. And pepper spray.

I just went to take Riley out and some guy walked over to me. It's already dark and he was wearing a black coat and smoking. People on their way to the mailbox skirt around us and ignore Riley and he did not. He walked towards me, even as I moved out of his way. I did not understand a single thing he said to me because alarm bells were going off and I was looking around me for other people. He tried to hand me something and it fell. I did not reach for it and neither did he. I kept trying to circle back away from him and he said something about this not being the same dog, like it was a mistake and he was looking for someone else. Maybe that was true, but there was something about him that I did not like, something that scared me. He said it must be another dog and I said it was funny, ha ha, like I do when I don't have anything else to say.

"Not funny," he said. "Convenient."

Holy shit.

I'll be buying some pepper spray tomorrow.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment