Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Perhaps clairvoyance is a hidden strength.

So I went out looking for pepper spray after work. I told a coworker about last night and he told me where I could look for pepper spray. (He also completely agreed with you, Mom, that I should report it.) I went to Big 5, which was the closest place he suggested, and they did not carry it anymore. The salesguy said Nevada now requires extra documentation on pepper spray and suggested other places that would likely still carry it.

"Then I'd like to look at the knives."

What if I couldn't find any pepper spray? I was not going home empty-handed. Don't worry, I got it on sale.

On my way to the next sports store, I tried to remember where I'd just seen pepper spray. It was at the auto parts store in Carson when I was running errands with Mike. That was Saturday. Suddenly it hits me- how odd was that?

Mike calls before I leave my apartment and says Elaine has to work for a few hours and he needs to run errands. Should he leave the door unlocked or did I want to go with him? I said I'd go along and when I got to Topaz, Rob handed me a twenty and asked if we'd pick up some antifreeze.

Mike and I hit a lot of stops, and he was tired when we got to Auto Zone, or wherever the hell we were. He asked if I'd go get the antifreeze. I did, and right by the counter was one pink bottle of pepper spray. I thought about it.

Two days later, I run into someone that gives me a very, very bad feeling.

I took my strengths finder assessment today for my apprentice program class that starts on Thursday. It said I should listen to my instincts, among other things. No kidding.

And yes, I found pepper spray. And reported this creepy situation. And got the number for the security folks that do random patrols through this complex.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment