Wednesday, January 30, 2013

They work if you use them.

Things I don’t need right now:
Emails that offer “50+ Fun Gifts for Valentine’s Day!”

I did get up, I did get to work super early, I did earn some comp time to make up for all the sick leave that gets eaten up by appointments.  Maybe I’ll store up enough to finally get sick.  I hover near the edge, but have not yet fallen victim to the cold/flu season.  How’s that for a compromised immune system!  Forget about my crappy pancreas- I am invincible!  I’m over here shaking my fanny at the Influenza Gods, which is probably a bad idea.  Of course, I’ve always been oblivious about my health- maybe I have already been sick and just didn’t know it.
Last night I dreamt that I went on a trip and it was so last minute that I forgot to pack my contacts.  I brought my sunglasses, which are useless without the contacts.  Today I wore my contacts to work… and forgot my sunglasses.
This super strict to-do list is probably a good idea for weeknights.  Otherwise I get depressed and don’t do anything except eat cheese.  Wouldn’t it be neat if I charged through the week, scooping cat poop and taking out the recycle along the way, and got to the weekend to find a clean house and few obligations other than fun?  Speaking of which, I’ve got to finish reading that book and start my paper.  Let me add that to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment