Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I may be a pushover in relationships, but not with the dealership.

Just called the Toyota dealership to ask what's included in an oil change.

"Oh, we check the fluids-"

"Which fluids?"

"Transmission, windshield wiper-"

"Ok, good.  I brought my car in for an oil change and I thought I ran out of wiper fluid and it turns out it's full of water and frozen solid."

"Oh, we wouldn't put water in it."

"Exactly, which means it wasn't checked.  I'd like to come in and have you guys thaw it out and replace it with wiper fluid."

My favorite uncle Paul told me to make sure they check it for cracks because it wasn't cracked before and the frozen water could do that.  Who the hell replaces windshield wiper fluid with water?  It must have been that way when I bought it- from the dealership- or they didn't even look when I did the oil change.  When I saw the jug, I thought it was empty because I saw no blue.  When I opened it to add the fluid, I found it was already full... of ice.  Fabulous.  Imagine the temperatures we're having and how dirty my windshield is.  I keep meaning to wipe it down with a hat or a sock or something, but I'm already driving before I remember.  Like I said, it's hard work being slow.

The Toyota guy sounded like he was grudgingly agreeing to fix the problem.  Just challenge me- I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment