Sunday, January 13, 2013

That nice red-faced girl

Just struck up a random conversation with a guy at Duds 'n Suds (don't get excited) because I could tell by the laundry he was folding that he had a wife and several children. What I had to tell him was how cool it was that he was here doing laundry by himself because too often I see guys sitting on their ass while the wives or girlfriends do everything. One douchebag wouldn't even watch their kid, just left her to do all the laundry and watch the very small child. Oh, and she was pregnant. Yeah, so most guys either sit down or do laundry with their SO's- the ones who are alone are often clearly single. I just had to tell this guy that I thought it was awesome. He was appreciative, but I know my face turned flaming red. I am so shy about talking to people I don't know that are not in the service industry. But I decided to be brave and I'm sure the beer helped. I'm sure the beer helped my face turn redder too. But we talked for a bit- he told me the washer died and he came here from Carson specifically for Duds 'n Suds because normal laundromats are scuzzy and scary. (My words, not his.) Anyway, the Universe rewarded me for speaking up because he gave me his extra quarters when he left. :D

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment