Friday, January 18, 2013

Suddenly, I care about football.

Remind me that it's a three day weekend and I don't have that long to go.  I'm really starting to hate my job.  This is totally wrong for me.  My foot's in the door, but now it's starting to hurt.  I need to wedge my body further in and hopefully squeeze all the way in until I am freely through and it no longer feels constraining to be there.  Did I carry that metaphor far enough?

Three day weekend.  Maybe that will help it to feel long enough.  I have fun things to do this weekend and a strict new budget plan that I'm looking forward to trying out.  Must save some money.  RC Willey is giving out hot dogs and drinks on Saturday.  That's a huge furniture store, and I just so happen to be looking for a couch.  It's "while supplies last," of course, so keep your fingers crossed that I get a free lunch.  Plus, I'll be grocery shopping right after that, so you know I need to eat first.

I think I'll go watch the playoff game on Sunday at a sports bar.  I could use a beer and some bar food.  My apartment complex sent out a text inviting us to come pick a team.  If you pick the winning team, you get $300 off rent.  There will probably be a drawing or something out of the winners, but that's a pot I want to be in.  Now that I have a stake in the game, I'll go watch.  I picked the 49rs.  I didn't even know who was playing- had to ask the office ladies.  They didn't know either, just directed me to the sign.  Ha ha ha.  I picked my first instinct.  I don't know why, let's go with an Old West theme here.  So keep your fingers crossed and root for the 49rs!  And root for some magical outcome where I get $300 off my rent.  Go Niners!

No comments:

Post a Comment